Friday, February 13, 2009

From Petaluma, California

This just in from Luci, an elementary school student in Petaluma, California:

Dear Barack Obama,

Hi, my name is Luci. I am nine years old and live in Petaluma, California, with my younger brother, Sam, who is five years old, and my mom and dad. You inspire my family and me tremendously. When I heard you won and you were president, I couldn’t hide the tears of happiness. Neither could my mom. For Christmas, my mom gave me and my brother fifty dollars each to donate to a charity or global warming fund or something like that. I gave my money to Al Gore’s global warming fund. Also, at my school, my friends and I are going to give a speech and maybe make a poster about our earth and how we need to take care of it. I hope all is well with your friends and family.

Your absolute #1 fan,

Luci

P.S. Make us proud. I know you will.